If you need to reset your password, or retrieve all usernames associated with your email address, follow these steps:
- Go to the Sign In page.
- Click Forgot Username or Password?.
- Enter your username, email address, or mobile phone number in the search box.
- Phone number: include your 3-digit area code. Code will be sent as a text message (Standard rates apply).
- Email or username: Code will be sent as an email. It can take a minute or so for the code to arrive, but be sure to check all junk, spam, or other folders, just in case.
- Click Send Verification Code.
- Enter the verification code you receive.
- A list of all usernames associated with your email address or phone number will display.
- If you searched for your account by username, you’ll be immediately prompted to change your password.
- After you change your password, you’ll receive an email confirming that your account password has successfully been updated.
Note. If your prior-year return is no longer available on TaxAct Online, contact the IRS for a transcript or copy of your return.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.